Congratulations on your Bird One! For the best, safest and most enjoyable ride, we recommend inspecting your vehicle before each use. If your vehicle fails to pass anything on the Pre-Flight Checklist, please contact Bird Customer Support before taking your next ride. Our Pre-Flight Checklist should be conducted when the vehicle is not in motion.
- While the vehicle is not in motion, slowly turn the handlebars all the way to the right and left. The steering action should be smooth. If the steering is not smooth, do not ride the vehicle prior to contacting Bird Support.
- Place one foot on the floorboard , push the handlebars forward and backward. If there is excessive movement, do not ride the vehicle.
- Examine the joint at the bottom of the neck where the shaft and base meet. If there are visible cracks or looseness, do not ride the vehicle prior to contacting Bird Support.
Throttle with Ease
- Fully press down the throttle 5 times. The action should be reasonably smooth with no sticking. If the throttle does not return to neutral, contact Bird Support before riding.
Pump the Brake
- Pull the brake lever as far as you can 5 times. The lever action should be smooth and have some tension. If this is not the case, contact Bird support before riding again.
- When the brake lever is pulled, check that the rear brake light is on with a rapid blinking. If the rear brake light does not turn on when the lever is pulled, contact Bird Support before riding again.
- Examine all visible screws. tighten loose screws by rotating them clockwise until snug. Do not ride until all screws are tight.
Headlight Heads Up
- Check that the headlight stays on and does not flicker in both daylight and evening hours.
- Firmly grab each wheel and check for side to side movement by pushing left and right. If you experience side to side movement, do not ride the vehicle.