- 60% bigger battery (as compared to the Xiaomi M365)
- Longer range - up to 25 miles
- Steel-reinforced aluminum frame, durable fixed neck, regenerative brakes, semi-solid pneumatic tires (no flats)
- Built-in GPS location technology and advanced network connectivity
- Bird App controls your ownership experience (track, monitor, ride)
- Battery: 12800 mAh, 12.8 Amp-Hr
- Battery Charge Time: Up to 12 Hours
- Range: Up to 25 mi
- Charging: Power supply unit with charging cable
- App: iOS and Android
- Firmware: Over-the-Air updates
- Connectivity: Bluetooth and cellular
- Anti-theft: GPS-enabled
- Lock: Digital security
- Splash Resistant: IP34 water-resistant
- Lights: Automatic front and rear LEDs, 30-40 lumens
- Neck: Durable and fixed
- Braking: Regenerative front motor brake, rear drum brake
- Wheels: 9" Semi solid pneumatic
- Top Speed: up to 18 mph
- Hill Grade: 10% grade (175 lb load)
- Weight Limit: 220 lbs
- Length: 43.2"
- Width: 18.25"
- Height: 46.80"
- Weight: 38.6 lbs
I just purchased my Bird One! How do I pair the Bird with my app?
- Prior to pairing, please make sure your Bird One is fully charged. You’ll know your Bird is fully charged when the LED on your power supply turns green while plugged into your Bird.
- After you have charged your Bird, make sure your phone is connected to Wifi and your Bluetooth is on; you will need both to connect your Bird.
- Open the Bird App and select the “Scan” button.
- Aim your phone’s camera at the QR Code located on the right handlebar and wait for the scan to complete.
Once successfully paired, you’ll receive a “Welcome” notification and your Bird will be accessible via the “Private Birds” section of your app.
While paired, the Bird will only be linked with the account it is paired with and cannot be shared across multiple accounts. Click into the “Settings” section of your Bird App to see exactly which email address your Bird is paired with.
My Bird’s currently paired to my account. How do I unpair it from my account?
You can unpair your Bird through the Bird App. This option makes it easy to share your Bird with friends & family. Just make sure they unpair it before giving it back to you!
To Unpair your Bird One, click into the “Private Birds” section and tap the Unpair button.
After you Unpair, your account will no longer be associated with the Bird. To connect it, you’ll need to pair it again.
How do I pair my Bird with multiple accounts?
At this time, a Bird One can only be paired with one device at a time - this allows for a secure connection between you and your vehicle.
- If you would like to connect the Bird One with another account, simply locate the "Private Birds" option in the menu of your application and scroll down.
- Near the bottom of the scroll, select "UNPAIR."
- Upon unpairing, scan the QR code of the Bird One with the new device.
- The Bird will pair and the "My Bird" option will be available on the new device.
Keep in mind, once you’ve unpaired your Bird One from your device it is available to anyone who scans it while unpaired.
I just received my Bird One and am attempting to pair, but am receiving an “Invalid Code” error when scanning.
This is a quick fix. If you do run into this error message, please write down the Bird’s QR Code number (in between the handlebars) and Serial Number (located on the chassis) and send the information over to our Support Team. We’d be happy to help out from there.
I am running into a “Bird is Already Taken” error message when scanning my Bird
The reason you are getting this error message is because the account you are logged into is not paired with the Bird you are scanning. To regain access to your Bird please try logging in with Paired account.
You can verify the email address you are currently using in the “Settings” of your Bird App. It’s also possible you had paired your account while logged in with your Apple ID.
If you cannot remember which email you used to pair your Bird, please contact support and make sure to send over original proof of purchase with your request so that we can verify ownership of the Bird.
How do I ride my Bird One? Can I ride without using my App?
Your Bird One cannot be operated without your Bird App; think of your Bird App as the key to your vehicle. You can use the app to send various commands to your vehicle, including lock/unlock and toggling your Bird One’s headlight. Plus, your vehicle will get even better over time with new features and functionality introduced via app updates.
To use the vehicle, simply scan the 4-5 digit QR code of your Bird or locate the "Private Bird " option in the menu. From there you can view your Bird and the controls available to you.
At the bottom of the screen slide to unlock your Bird. Manually kick-push the vehicle like you would a non-electric scooter to get it moving, then press down on the throttle. From there the vehicle will be fully electric.
Repeat the kick-push process if at any point you come to a complete stop.
You can ride wherever personal, micro-mobility vehicles are allowed. Local and regional rules apply.
As the owner, it is at your discretion if you want to lock your vehicle or not. But we recommend that you lock your vehicle, just as you would a bicycle when it is parked outside.
Once you’re done riding, you can park and lock your Bird. This will lock the wheels and turn off the lights.
After you ride, be sure to charge your Bird via the Charger Port to ensure it’s always ready to ride when you need it.
I did not receive the $100 credit advertised with my purchase.
Your available balance can be found in the “Payment” section of your Bird App. If you did not receive the promotional $100 credit with your purchase, please contact support and be prepared to provide the Bird ID along with proof of purchase and we would be happy to help as quick as possible.
Does the Bird One fold?
The Bird one has a fixed neck and is not designed to fold for storage.
How do I charge my Bird One? How can I tell if my Bird One is charging?
Your charger has an LED that when red, indicates your Bird One is actively charging. The LED will turn green when your Bird is fully charged.
What is the max range the Bird One can travel on a full charge?
Under optimal riding conditions, the Bird One can travel a maximum range of 25 miles. Please keep in mind that the riding terrain & speed will impact your ability to reach that range.
What is the weight limit of the Bird One?
The recommended weight limit of a Bird One is 220 lbs (~100kg).
Will my Bird One be geofenced/adhere to existing rideshare “No Ride” and “No Park” zones?
While your Bird One will not be geofenced, we always highly recommend abide by existing local rules and regulations pertaining to riding micro mobility vehicles.
Do you sell replacement parts?
Unfortunately, at this time, we do not sell replacement parts. If your Bird is damaged, please pass along a description of the damages, along with a photo or video, to our support team.
Do you sell refurbished Bird Ones?
At this time, we are not selling refurbished Bird Ones at this time. For an updated listing of all product offerings, please visit shop.bird.co.
Can I pack my Bird One with me on a plane?
Per Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) guidelines, you may NOT transport your Bird on an airplane.
My Bird One was stolen/impounded, can you help me?
Your Bird has built-in GPS location technology and advanced network connectivity allowing you to track your Bird. You can track your individual Bird within the Private Birds section of your app. If you need assistance tracking your Bird One, contact us via the help section of your app.
If your vehicle is impounded or stolen, please work with local law enforcement to recover your vehicle.